WKRBC High School Hero Awards
What You Can Expect
WKRBC will coordinate with your school’s senior awards coordinator to ensure your award is delivered in time for graduation.
You can help by:
- Informing us you are a graduating senior.
- Telling us the school you attend.
- Making your 4th donation by the end of April.
- If you donate in the center or somewhere other than a school, ask us to note your records.
To Donate Blood
- Please present a photo ID upon registration.
- Hydration is the key to a successful donation, drink plenty of water.
- Eat well before and after donation.
- Check all travel and any medical conditions with blood center staff.
- Donors must weigh at least 115 pounds.
- The legal age for voluntary blood donation in KY Is 17 or age 16 with signed consent.
- Donors must wait a full 8 weeks/56 days to give blood again.
- Graduating high school seniors from participating high schools.
- Must successfully give four (4) blood donations prior to May 10th.
- Student may donate either at their school drive, in the center, or at another WKRBC blood drive. When giving blood at a different location, student must alert staff to their high school’s name.
- Students who do not meet the donation criteria may instead elect to volunteer for four (4) hours assisting the blood center. (Must contact WKRBC to schedule.)
- It is a student’s responsibility to ensure we have their name.
Click here to download the donation tracking sheet.
WKRBC has partnered to offer a $1,000 scholarship made possible by matching funds from Daviess and Ohio County Fiscal Courts.
To honor those high school students throughout the community who help make WKRBC’s mission possible, we proudly present The High School Hero Program. This initiative will recognize graduating blood donors by presenting them with a solid red honor cord and certificate. The cord is to be worn during the graduation commencement ceremonies designating them High School Heroes for their life-saving gifts to the community.
Click here to download the full High School Hero Program brochure.
Interested In The High School Hero Awards Program?
In Daviess, Ohio, McLean, Hancock, Breckinridge, and Grayson Counties, contact: Vicki Ellis at [email protected].
In Christian, Crittenden, Cldwell, Trigg, and Lyon counties, contact: Robbin Shively at [email protected].
Or call WKRBC at (270) 684-9296!
Congratulations on graduating high school and best wishes in your future endeavors!