Vicki Ellis, Director of Donor Resources
Janet I. Howard, MT (ASCP) SBB, Chief Executive Officer
Janet has served as CEO of WKRBC in Owensboro, Kentucky since 1988. She began her career in blood banking as a laboratory technologist in 1981. Janet has served as Treasurer and as a member of the Kentucky Association of Blood Banks and chair of America's Blood Centers Membership Committee.
Vicki S. Ellis, Director of Donor Resources
Since 1999 Vicki has served as the Director of Donor Resources/Recruitment of WKRBC in Owensboro, Kentucky. She began her career at WKRBC as Education Coordinator in 1996. Vicki is a member of the Association of Donor Recruitment Professionals and of the Kentucky Association of Blood Banks.
Robbin Shively, Donor Resources—Hopkinsville Center
Robbin began her career at WKRBC in 1989 as a PRN Phlebotomist and advanced to Director of Donor Resources 1993-1999. She then pursued a personal endeavor and was welcomed back to WKRBC in 2001 in her current position. Robbin is a member of Kentucky Association of Blood Banks and the Association of Donor Recruitment Professionals.
- 2009 Launch of New Website and Text Alert Messaging
- 2009 Implemented ISBT Labeling
- 2008 30th Anniversary
- 2008 Hosted a delegation from Puerto Rico interested in modeling their Center after WKRBC
- 2008 Developed and Campaigned for the passage of HB139 to lower Kentucky's donation age to 16
- 2007 Commissioned and completed an addition for Records Storage
- 2006 Received an OMHS grant to fund new custom Bloodmobile
- 2005 Established 1902 South Virginia Location for Hopkinsville sub-center
- 2004 Acquired service to Breckinridge Memorial Health
- 2004 Implemented the Blood Bank Computer System
- 2002 Renovated Blood Center to full 9,000 square feet
- 2001 Acquired service to Crittenden County Hospital and Caldwell County Hospital
- 1998 20th Anniversary
- 1997 Purchased the 3015 Old Hartford location
- 1988 10th Anniversary
- 1980 Established the 3015 Old Hartford location by leasing 4,500 square feet
- 1978 Western Kentucky Regional Blood Center founded